An upcoming field with a very bright future, Materials Engineering is also called Material Science.
- There are newer materials being developed on the global
stage, which need to be researched, developed further and also
their practical utility needs to be explored. This is the
primary objective of the Material Engineer.
- Materials engineering's uniqueness lies in it's inter
disciplinary nature, as it combines the best of applied Physics,
mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering.
- The recent impetus in the Nanotechnology and Nano science
fields has seen this related science of engineering also being
highlighted by various universities.
- It is an evolving science, so the potential in teaching and
research jobs in addition to industrial careers is exponential.
- University of southern California, University of Denver, Iowa State University and Rochester university, New York are some of the schools with a front0line program at the under graduate and post graduate level.
|Click here to view list of the top Materials Engineering Colleges