Taking the first step towards the school of your dreams
Self assessment, identifying your needs and choosing wisely!
For a student, his / her alma mater embodies information and knowledge experiences, memorable interactions, treasured networks and cherished memories of a lifetime. His personality, professionalism and perceptions are built on this foundation. Gaining admission to the best schools is an effort requiring competence coupled with enthusiasm, right knowledge and focused endeavor. The first step in this process is undoubtedly the crucial decision as to which college and university best suits your unique needs. This choice will determine to a large degree your chances of admission. The student has to match aspirations with reality and aim for schools, colleges and universities which are in within the range of attainment.
Counseling plays a vital role in this as:
- Admission counseling is the first and most important step
leading to a proper gateway to career counseling.
- Access counselors have the latest information about the
admission criteria, admission acceptance rates, admission
committee expectations and merit scale of almost all prominent
schools, colleges and universities.
- University selection is the most vital step in the whole
procedures to start with.
- Success to top USA universities, top UK, Europe and
Asia-Pacific universities depends on the right picks of the
- Parents and students lack specialized knowledge about the
- An Access expert can easily recognize, define and quantify
individual student strengths, needs, chances and interests and
match it to the top universities which will address these most
competently and where he has the maximum chances of admission.
- Expert counselors are bale to prescribe a healthy mix of
'aspirational' schools where the student can hope to gain
admission and 'safe' schools where he has appreciable higher
chances of acceptance and substantial scholarship support.
- The long, challenging and often stressful process of
admission is hard on students. A counselor steps into the role
of a friend, guide and encourager when the going seems tough.
Well-timed and sound advice often spells the difference between
gaining the goal or quitting for a student. Survival stories,
time management tips, practical strategies, inspiring examples,
insightful anecdotes and words of encouragement are the extra
arsenal which counselors often employ to firefight the slow
burnout of the waiting process.
- The final preparation of student admission essays, resume's, scholarship and fee waiver requests, etc require expert advice and guidance, which parents and the students urgently require.
- Tests such as GMAT, GRE, SAT etc
- Application essays and recommendations
- Crisp resume
- Extra curricular activities
- Community Service
- High School transcript
- Visa counseling