Emory Goizueta is another top of the heap US business school, which has built up a splendid reputation for academic excellence and a capable placement record. The Emory Goizueta MBA application essays are rigorous but not delimiting. The University is located on a beautiful, leafy campus in Atlanta, Georgia's historic Druid Hills suburb. At the University Campus, there are near about 4,239 undergraduate and graduate degrees holders were awarded in 2013. It offers both one year as well as two years MBA programme.
Program Overview:The program is compiled of 4 semesters and includes an integrated leadership program and an opportunity for summer internship.
Deadlines & Decision Notification for the intake of 2016Round 1: 9 Oct 2015
Round 2: 13 Nov, 2015
Round 3: 8 Jan, 2016
Round 4: 11 march, 2016
- Application Fees: $150, Non-refundable.Non-refundable.
- GMAT or GRE: Test scores are valid for five years from the date you took the test to the application deadline date. Request the official scores to be sent by the application deadline.
- TOEFL or IELTS: If undergraduate degree is from an institution in which English is the language of instruction AND applicant works in a country where commerce is generally conducted in English (for Example: India, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Ghana, Nigeria and Uganda). No TOEFL waiver is required, please do not request one.
- Undergraduate and post-graduate transcripts: Upload unofficial transcripts for evaluative purpose. The school will consider applicants who hold three year Bachelor of Commerce degrees from institutions outside the USA.
- Letters of recommendation: submit either online or hardcopy.
- Reco Questions:
Please choose recommenders who are able to provide specific answers to the following questions:
1. How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
2. What characteristics or attributes best describe the applicant?
3. In what area is the applicant most exceptional?
4. In what area does the applicant need the most improvement?
5. How well do you feel the applicant handles disappointment or differences of opinion?
6. Please indicate to which group you are comparing this candidate (i.e., co-workers, MBA graduates, etc).
7. Other comments:
Essay 1: Define your short-term post-MBA career goals. How are your professional strengths, past experience and personal attributes aligned with these goals? (300 word limit)
Essay 2: The business school is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth. Mr. Goizueta's core values guide us in educating Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise. Provide an example of your leadership - professional or personal - and explain what you learned about yourself through the experience. (300 word limit)
Essay 3: Complete one of the following statements. (250 word limit)
- I am passionate about...
- The best piece of advice I've ever received is...
- The best day of my life was...
- A personal goal I want to accomplish is
Essay 4: Share with the committee and your future classmates a fun or noteworthy fact about you. (25 word limit)
Optional Essay: If you have additional information or feel there are extenuating circumstances which you would like to share with the MBA Admissions Committee (i.e. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance issues or areas of weakness in application). Please limit your response to (250 words)
Essay :- The Business School is named for Roberto C. Goizueta, former Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, who led the organization for 16 years, extending its global reach, quadrupling consumption, building brand responsibility, and creating unprecedented shareholder wealth. It is his legacy and the strength of his character that gives rise to our vision: Principled Leaders for Global Enterprise. Goizueta once said, "The cynics will tell you that the good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. I'm telling you, do it anyway."
Provide an example of the good you have contributed to an organization and the impact of your actions. (300 word limit).
An extended leadership experience, where I was involved from end to end in the conception, proposal, implementation, organization and supervision of end to end marketing of one of the flagship brands of the ............ major xxxx was an example of the good where I was able to contribute to my company.
Within the first 9 months of my tenure with xxx, I was promoted to this role where I was handling a brand value of approximately ............ The drug that I was overseeing was completing a landmark- 5 years in the Indian market and the company decided to have a huge scientific symposium .................. I was handed the responsibility to manage the entire program which was a task requiring leadership skills of very diverse but strategic nature. The work involved lots of coordination between the different departments in the company and involvement of a few external agencies.
The large scale of the event ................................ made making mistakes highly unacceptable. Considering failure not an option, I threw myself into the organization of this grand event that was one of the biggest events in the Indian Pharma industry. I ensured that each tiny detail was looked after and the guests, audience, press and media and all related stakeholders were treated to rare warmth, hospitality and personal attention.
At the end, the event was an unrestrained success and highly applauded by the doctors. For me personally, it was huge confidence booster as this project came up to me very early into my marketing career. The gift certificate I received from the higher management for my efforts was an additional motivation about how sincere efforts translate into tangible results.
- Current resume: 1 or 2 page business resume
- Interview: An evaluative interview is required of all applicants before an offer of admission can be extended. Interviews are offered on campus and in select cities around the world. After Round 1 all interviews are by invitation only and occur after the submission of a completed application.
Tuition & Fees Estimated Total : $ 73,634
- Average work Experience: 6 Years
- Undergraduate GPA: 3.4
- International Student:35%