The McDonough Schools of business attempts to attract the best of MBA applicants, and succeeds. This is on the strength of the excellent rankings it is able to garner year after year in every nation-wide and international poll of the best global business schools. The McDonough Georgetown essays also require one to be logical, focused and clear- which is the entire point of having a business education. Competitive applicants for admission to the Georgetown MBA Program hold a bachelor's degree from accredited college or university and have substantial post- baccalaureate work experience.
Deadlines & Decision Notification for 2016-2017:Round 1 : 1; Oct; 2015
Round 2 : 5; Jan; 2016
Round 3 : 1; Apr; 2016
- Application Fees: $175 paid online through credit card.
- GMAT or GRE: Required. GMAT/GRE scores are valid for five years. Mention all of the GMAT scores in the online application, including the Analytical Writing Assessment section. An official score report must be submitted once you have been admitted and prior to matriculating into the program.
- TOEFL or IELTS: International students must submit either a TOEFL or IELTS exam score consideration for admission. All non-U.S. citizens/permanent residents or non-native English speakers are required to submit the scores unless they have earned a four-year academic degree (bachelor's degree) or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or from a country where the official language is English. Transcripts must clearly state the primary medium of instruction of that institution is English. In the case where English is listed as one of multiple official languages, the TOEFL, IELTS or the Pearson Test of English is still required. The minimum required score is 100 (internet-based) or 7.5 on IELTS. Test result must not be more than two years old. An official score report must be submitted once you have been admitted and prior to matriculating into the program.
- Undergraduate and post-graduate transcripts: Scan and
upload your transcripts in the online application. The official
transcripts must be submitted once you have been admitted and
prior to matriculating into the program.
- Letters of recommendation : Only one recommendation is
Essays : All essays should be double-spaced using 12pt.
Essay 1 : Why You? (Hint: we are looking for an answer that cannot be found from research on our website) - 750 words or fewer
Optional Essay One : If you are not currently employed full-time, use this space to provide information about your current activities. (250 words or fewer)
Optional Essay Two : Please provide any information you would like to add to your application that you have not otherwise included. (500 words or fewer)
Short-Term and Long-Term Goal
1. What is your short-term goal following graduation from the Georgetown McDonough School of Business? (response must fit in space provided)* 250 Characters
2. What is your long-term goal following graduation from the Georgetown of Business? (response must fit in space provided)* 250 Characters
Estimated Expenses for 2016-2017: $85,320
Class Profile :
Average Age : 28
Work Experience : 5.4 years
GMAT Scores : 669
Undergraduate GPA (average) : 3.34
International Students : 71%
Essay One (Limit: 750 words) : Briefly state your short-term and long-term career objectives. How have your prior professional, academic, and personal experiences influenced your career plans? Specifically, how will your participation in Georgetown's MBA Full-Time Program contribute to your career objectives?
I am a story teller first and a developer, tester and analyst later. As an engineer, I never knew my skill at written and oral communication, passion for spinning an engrossing tale and establishing strong connects with audiences would find a perfect niche and further enhancement. This has been possible in the deadly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In the short run, I see myself ........................................... the end result is unrivalled confidence and competence. As a quick absorber and intrepid adventurer in this arena, where these two qualities are implicit tools of the trade, additional experience would equip me for the next stage as a project manager or sales and marketing manager in a big Game Production house.
My long term ............................................... the responsibility to form a world class team devolved on me after I convinced the senior management of my vision for a Gaming Competency within the company. Then, as ..........................., including a Screensaver Engine that reduced development period by 96%. Nurturing the Gaming Team at Perot Systems and driving it from ground zero to where it is now, I have faced innumerable hardships and pressures. I feel that an exposure to all these roles and responsibilities has given an excellent platform on which to build my career in gaming.
Living and growing up with my grandparents has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. .......................... and optimism are unforgettable and cherished lessons. My uncle ................................ firmly on the ground, values and traditions resolutely in place, passion for entrepreneurship and burning zeal for success
The dynamism of the Georgetown university and its location in the city which is the center of the policy, academic and thought leadership of the world endows McDonough School with a uniqueness and relevance all its own.................................................... and involvement, which is the exact replica of the inimitable Georgetown ambience.
Gaming is an industry where the challenge lies in the constant innovation, imagination and invigoration of the mind and spirit, which is actively fostered at Georgetown. There is definite and constant emphasis laid on innovation and development of the entrepreneurial spirit, which is a key need for me. The global curriculum which is taught in a team based format, will be supplemented by the international Global Integrative Experience.
McDonough will refine my skill at ......................................... part which values, intellect and diligence play in success, which Georgetown will collaborate and I will always practice.