A new but widely respected entrant in the Indian top league business School scenario is the Great Lakes Institute of management in Chennai. The tag line of this business school is Global mindset, Indian roots. The fourth batch passed out in 2008 and the average work experience was 37 months. An overwhelming 48% of the batch was placed in the IT/ITES sector, which profiles Great Lakes student intake.
The two flagship programs offered by Great lakes have both acquired a formidable reputation. The one-year Post Graduate Program in Management desires students with high CAT/GMAT scores, at least 2 years of work experience and excellent academics. The session commences from June-July and admission process starts from Oct.
The PGXPM is a postgraduate Diploma program, which is of two-year duration and is primarily for medium and senior level managers. It includes learning Chinese-Mandarin and a visit overseas to make the student business-ready managers. The PGXPM at Great Lakes, Chennai has a yearlong industry/country study which is mandatory, adding to its international approach. The session begins in April and the admission process starts from mid- Oct.
|Last date for receipt of complete application packet at our office
|1st July, 2008
|Admission Decision Date
|15th July, 2008
|9th August, 2008
ESSAY TOPICS :
1. What is your short and long-term career goals and how will PGPM from Great Lakes help you to achieve them? (400 words)
2. Discuss one constructive criticism or feedback that you have received, which was most difficult for you to handle. How you addressed the same? (300 words)
3. Great Lakes seek candidates of various backgrounds who can bring new perspectives to our community. How will your team skills, values and personal experiences contribute to the culture at Great Lakes? (300 words)
4. Discuss about a situation when you made an impact on a person, group, or an organization. Describe in detail what you thought, felt, said, and did? (300 words or less)
5. Please provide any additional insight or information that you have not addressed elsewhere that may be helpful in reviewing your application. Complete this question if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented by this application. (300 words limit)