The University of California has a premier top ranked B School in the shape of Haas School of Business. It is rendered a much sought after option because of its proximity to Silicon Valley, diverse and exceptional international student body and excellent faculty.
The total number of applications received in 2009 was 4,064 out of which 494 students were enrolled. The women candidates in the MBA class numbered 28.9% while 31% were international students. The work experience average was 5 years and 31 countries were represented in the classroom. The GMAT score averaged at 718. The essay questions for MBA admission were the usual suspects. The students could however, give free rein to their spontaneity, memories and innovation while answering these.
Round 1: October 1, 2015
Round 2: Jan 7, 2016
Round 3: 31 March 2016
Application fees : $200
Total assessed tuition and fees : $57,660.50
Enrolled students : 246
International students: 40%
Average undergraduate GPA: 3.66
Average GMAT: 715
Average TOEFL (iBT):109
Letters of Recommendation : Two letters of Recommendations are required.
If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why? (250 words maximum)
Please respond to one of the following prompts: (250 words maximum)
- Describe an experience that has fundamentally changed the way you see the world and how it transformed you.
- Describe a significant accomplishment and why it makes you proud.
- Describe a difficult decision you have made and why it was challenging.
Tell us about your path to business school and your future plans. How will the Berkeley-Haas experience help you along this journey? (500 words maximum)
Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps or your quantitative abilities. (500 words maximum)
1. If you have not provided a letter of recommendation from your current supervisor, please explain. If not applicable, enter N/A.
2. List in order of importance all community and professional organizations and extracurricular activities in which you have been involved during or after university studies. Include the following information for each organization or activity using the format below:
- Nature of organization or activity
- Size of organization
- Dates of involvement
- Offices held
- Average number of hours spent per month
4. If you have ever been subject to academic discipline, placed on probation, suspended, or required to withdraw from any college or university, please explain. If not, please enter N/A. (An affirmative response to this question does not automatically disqualify you from admission.)
1. What are your short term (3 to 5 years) and long term (10 + years) career goals? b. How have your professional and personal experiences prepared you to achieve these goals? c. Describe your plan to meet these goals. (500 words)
The preeminent global information go-to resource today is Google and 'google it' has become a part of our everyday lexicon. My 7 years .............. but also endowed me with the confidence of leveraging technology to empower young minds and ignite their inner potential.
Working in an atmosphere where the work ethos is that, "................ This is a strong resonation of the realization that has shaped my career goals- the vision of implementing an uplifting, enjoyable and enabling system of learning for young children which stimulates their imagination, encourages their special talents and brings out their inherent creativity. Both my short and long term goals are directed at achieving this vision.
In the short term, I want to ........... I want the new educational pedagogy I have evolved to be applied in play and primary schools across the globe. All through my 12 years of varied and enriching work experience, I have been working steadily towards these goals.
I achieved a modicum of success when I ventured out to ........... children educational venture that presented my new teaching pedagogy. This new paradigm was applied in a play based school that brought two realizations. Firstly, I was on the right track and secondly that my lack of entrepreneurial experience, no peer group support, limited business know-how was a major constraint. Though I was confident of the pedagogy and my leadership potential, I realized that sustaining the venture and ensuring cash flow required aspects of branding, promoting, managing resources and experience in looking at business processes from multiple angles.
My stint ................ . offered me a platform where my technical competence was to be exercised in a key managerial role. Looking at the opportunity and the benefits, I put my entrepreneurial ambitions on hold till I could return with confidence, a fully equipped skill set.
My time at Samsung has been enjoyable and has polished my managerial and administrative abilities but I still feel that my business and entrepreneurial requirements have not been fully addressed. I truly feel a ............... . Berkeley Haas MBA is tailor made for me as it emphasizes on promoting, developing and polishing the very skills and strengths I need. Its location in the bay area is ideal for me but most importantly, the 'hands-on' and innovation- driven learning methodology is an extension of the pedagogy I have evolved for children. Studying at Berkeley Haas will explicitly and implicitly lead ...............