The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation's top research universities, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology. Its campus occupies 400 acres in the heart of the city of Atlanta, where more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students receive a focused, technologically based education. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the Institute offers many nationally recognized, top-ranked programs.
Year after year, Georgia Tech is consistently the only technological university ranked in U.S. News & World Report's listing of America's top ten public universities which reflects the academic prestige long associated with the Georgia Tech curriculum.
Application Deadlines Fall 2016:
Round 1 : October 15( Decision by December 15)
Round 2 : January 15( Decision by March 15)
Round 3 : March 15(Decision by May 1)
Round 4 : May 15(Decision by June 15)
Note : International Candidates are encouraged to apply by Round 2. Application Components :
- Official GMAT/GRE scores are required. Scores are valid for five
years and will be submitted using following codes :
GMAT : Institute code for the Full-time MBA program is HWK-54-37
GRE : Institute code is 5248
- Applicants must submit a valid TOEFL score if :
They are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
They are from a country where English is not the sole official language of instruction.*
They have not successfully completed one year of college/university level study in the United States or another country where English is the sole official language.*
TOEFL scores are valid for two years and the minimum score requirements are :
100 on TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT)
600 on TOEFL Paper-based test (PBT)
- Transcripts : All applicants to the MBA Program must hold a U.S. bachelor's degree or equivalent to be considered for admission. A three-year degree is not equivalent to the U.S. bachelor's degree.
- Letters of Recommendation : 3 Recommendations are required.
- Application Fee : A $75 application fee must be paid online with a credit card or e-check if you have a U.S. bank account.
Essay 1 :
1) Describe a risk that you have taken and discuss its impact on your life.
2) If you could trade places with someone for a day, who would it be and why? There is no right answer. We want you to be yourself, creative and thoughtful in your response. Space is limited to 4000 characters.
Essay 2 :
Why an MBA and Why Georgia Tech? Describe how your experience, both professional and personal, has led you to the decision to pursue an MBA at Georgia Tech. Discuss your short and long term career goals and how Georgia Tech is best suited to help you achieve your goals. Space is limited to 4000 characters
Essay 3 :
(Optional) The Admissions Committee believes that the required essays address issues that are important in learning about you and in understanding your candidacy for the MBA program. However, you may provide us with any information pertinent to your admission that has not been covered in the rest of the application. Feel free to discuss any unique aspects of your candidacy or any perceived weaknesses. Space is limited to 4000 characters.
Class Profile :
Class Size : 60
Middle 80% GMAT Score Range : 620-740
Middle 80% GRE Quantitative Score : Range 158-161* (average 159)
Middle 80% GRE Verbal Score Range 156-163* (average 160)
Average Work Experience 5.8 years
Average Undergraduate GPA 3.2