The The University Of Virginia Darden School Of Business is one of the world's leading business schools, offering MBA, Ph.D. and Executive Education programs. The Darden School improves the world by developing and inspiring responsible leaders and by advancing knowledge. The School's beautiful facilities include 340,000 square feet of space, a 450-seat multimedia auditorium, a 350-seat dining facility, and the Camp Library with more than 100,000 volumes, 1,100 periodicals and 120 online computer databases.
Program Overview : Full Time MBA
Deadlines & Decision Notification for 2016-2017 :
Round 1 : 8; Oct 2015
Round 2 : 8; Jan 2016
Round 3 : 8; Apr 2016
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $215
- GMAT or GRE:Applicants are required to take either the GMAT or GRE.
- Darden's program code is KC7-0X-86. We evaluate only test score results from tests taken prior to submission of the application. The highest score is used, but we do not combine scores from multiple tests. Scores are valid for five years.
- Darden will also accept a GRE score in place of the GMAT.
- We do not require official test scores in order to process your application. If offered admission, you will need to send official documents.
- Reco Question : Two recommendations are required
1. What is your short-term, post-MBA career goal and why? (150 words)
2. Describe the most important professional feedback you have received and how you responded to this feedback. (500 words maximum)
- Tuition and Fees : $61250
- Living Expenses : $16690
- Books : $314
- Computer : $1500
- Misc. : $2000
- Transportation : $4,000
- Total : $88367
- Class Size : 324
- International : 36%
- Average Age : 27
- GMAT Mean : 706
- GPA Mean : 3.5
Describe how you are a fit with the case study method. (250 words)
All my life, I have believed in integrating theory with practice. This began right in college as my practical bent and strong theoretical foundations made me opt for xxxxxxxxxx.. My theoretical studies therein were supplemented by three years of internship, which enabled me to gain a comprehensive overview of the field. This interlude collaborated my belief that case study method is most effective in understanding complex business issues, seeking innovative solutions and developing one's leadership potential.
Case study method of teaching imparts the much needed practical applicability to theory, which are the integral aspects of all work. During my academic stint itself, I got ample opportunity to work alongside some marvelously bright professionals and deal with culturally variegated colleagues.
During my professional experience, I have studied key processes constituting various businesses and have assisted managements in streamlining and improving these. My strong accounting base compliments my natural analytical skills and has enabled me to go beyond number crunching and feel the pulse of the economic scenario.
I have implemented creative resolutions of client issues and interacted with international clients. Helping clients rectify and improve their tangled financial accounting and control system, has revealed insights into real time processes.
With diverse work experience gained from serving clients in numerous business sectors such as Hospitality, Healthcare, Consultancy, Oil & Gas, Automotive, and Entertainment etc, I shall contribute in classroom discussions. My ............... real time exposure and I am eager to share unique perspectives while studying with a multifaceted peer group at Darden.