With the industrial revolution came the boom time for industrial and manufacturing engineers. Neither industry nor the engineering specialists who drive it have seen a downturn since.
- Industrial engineering is applicable to all fields and
industries. The widest possible applicability of this science
makes it a very popular career option.
- Industrial engineering technicians are expected to have 12
percent employment growth between 2006 and 2016, much faster
than the average for all occupations
- The most common postgraduate degree earned in manufacturing
engineering is the Master of Science in Industrial
Engineering/Industrial Engineering & Management/Industrial
Engineering & Operations Research.
- There are the very popular under graduate engineering
programs in universities which are typically of a duration
ranging from 3-5 years.
- According to the latest available rankings for US engineering schools, the Georgia Institute of Technology tops the list. Then comes the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, followed by University of California, Berkeley and Stanford University.
|Click here to view list of the top Industrial/Manufacturing Colleges|