Combining the interest of biology with the technical finesse of engineering is this up and coming branch of engineering which is proving to be a winner for students who want to find panaceas to medical problems.
- The high level of accuracy and research which engineering
principles bring to the entire range of living organisms allows
this science to be accurate and highly effective.
- This is allied closely to the medical profession and that is
why engineering and medical graduates prefer to opt for this
- Students need knowledge of both engineering and medicine and
biology. Most universities now offer an integrated
bioengineering course involving both aspects at even the under
- The California Institute of Technology, Stanford University,
University of Illinois at Chicago, MIT are some of the leading
universities offering biomedical engineering.
- The GRE requirements for biomedical engineering are mostly within the range of 1600-1800, varying as per university ranking.